Collemancio is part of the municipality of Cannara, in the province of Perugia.
The walled village is located at an altitude of 507 meters s.l.m., about 7 km west of Cannara, at the end of the provincial road 412. It is located on a wooded hill and widely cultivated, propinqua the Martani Hills.
A few hundred meters from the current Collemancio, in La Pieve, are the ruins of the ancient Roman city of Urvinum Hortense, probably the city mentioned in the Naturalis Historia of Plino il Vecchio. Based on a pre-Roman vicus (third century BC), it exerted a control function on the road network and served as a transition center for goods. In the first imperial period, Augusto puts it among the municipalities of Region VI; probably, its urbanization occurred around the first century. In 69, the Roman consul Fabio Valente was imprisoned there, as he struggled for power against Vespasiano. Around the fifth century, for reasons not explained more clearly, this village saw the depopulation and to its abandonment. The first excavations that brought to light in 1931, are the work of the primary school teacher Giovanni Canelli Bizzozzero.
About Collemancio, first mentioned in 1224, when Onorio III granted the bishop of Assisi jurisdiction over the Collismanci castle.
In 1293 it became an independent municipality and in 1377 he submitted to Perugia. From 1516 to 1648 he was part, as a summer residence of the Baglioni accounts, the county Spello and Bettona. The death without descendants of Malatesta V, in 1648, caused the extinction of the feud and the immediate annexation of the Papal States. In 1870 the village was built in the town of Cannara.
- Remains of Urvinum Hortense (first century): It is thought to have been an important Roman city. Currently it shows the remains of a sandstone terrace, amphitheater, a road with traces of the hole along its path, a funeral and a domus, built in the late republican period and extended in adriana era
- Collemancio Castle (X century): with shuttering of gateway protection. The country, inside, is structured around two main roads;
- St. Stephen’s Church (XIV century): a single nave, with two altarpieces, frescoes and a Roman column;
- Church of Santa Maria della Fontanella (XVI century): With some of the seventeenth-century frescoes;
- Palazzo del Podestà (XIV century): in the church square. On the ground floor there was the little chapel of Santa Maria Nuova and a small prison. Interestingly the entrance portal.